Posted by Green Zhang (220.127.116.11) on June 30, 2002 at 02:40:35:
Okay, we know that a few things must happen between EIII & ANH, in random order:
1) Anakin & Amidala have kids, and Anakin knows of the kids, but they are stowed away out of his sight before the end.
2) Anakin/Darth Vader fights Obi-Wan, loses, and needs to wear his armor.
3) Anakin/Darth Vader persecutes and kills other Jedi, except for Obi-Wan, Yoda, and a few others, perhaps?
4) Yoda escapes to Dagobah, where a strong Sith helps to mask his Force signal.
5) Palpatine formally announces his Emperorship and creates his Imperial Bureaucracy in place of the Republic Bureaucracy.
So, could the Sith in the Dagobah swamp be Dooku? Wouldn't that prove amusing? And when exactly does Anakin openly start hunting Jedi to force Obi-Wan to a confrontation? And how does Obi-Wan defeat Anakin? The Dark Side seems to accelerate skills. Questions abound.
Could the climax of the movie be split between these conflicts, where someone (hopefully not Jar Jar) escapes with Leia & Luke, Yoda kills Dooku, Obi-Wan fights Anakin, and Palpatine declares himeself Emperor, jumping from one story to the other, but finally ending with Darth Vader coming out behind Palpatine as he introduces formally his apprentince?
Post a Followup