Talk:Imperial-class Star Destroyer
Wait, where does this 46,000 personnel number come from?
It sounds damiliar, wasn' it in the ICS? I'll confirm when I get home later. The extra numbers for flagships sounds suspiciously made up/invented
Isn't "Imperial-class" an artifact of West End Games? It was always my impression that "Imperial" was simply an adjective that identified the vessel's ownership, not its class. After ROTS, all Star Destroyers are Imperial Star Destroyers, whether they're Venator-class, Victory-class, Imperator-class, or Executor-class. --Ted C 10:15, 7 November 2007 (EST)
The Imperator being the class name with imperial justa description was my impression as well... Any confirmation from ICS?
- Several books specifically refer to "Imperial-class Star Destroyers." - Mad 11:01, 7 November 2007 (EST)
The books refer to a lot of things that are incorrect ina designatory way. Perhaps the Imperial class is merely a class/model variant of the basic ISD, with the name being used for other models or the base model even when appropiate? That is, misuse of the class name as a general catchphrase?
- Apparently, the Imperator-class was renamed to Imperial-class. - Mad 11:07, 7 November 2007 (EST)
- Is there scope to organise an 'Imperial Star Destroyer' page as a launchpad for all the various ISD classes? Many of them are even Imperator-based (like Tector, Acclamator etc) and it is used as a very general term (like 'Super Star Destroyer'. --Stark 23:05, 7 November 2007 (EST)
Imperial ISD as a launchpad for the variants (Tector, MK2, etc') is a logical chain, though it as a launchpad for all of the "dagger shaped" ships is a bit questionable. Do we include Acclamators? The Executor itself, or only the 8KM long SSD's or also the "Star dreadnoughts" (19km long craft such as the Lusankya, Razor's kiss). I propose letting the Acclamator, SSD's, ""Star dreadnoughts" have their own entries (One entry for the Acclamator, one for the SSD, another for each class I haven't mentioned) but keep the 1.4-1.6KM long "variants" nested in this article. ... Does that make sense to you?
- Yeah, that's kinda what I was suggesting (although I thought Acclamators were 1.6-2.2kms, ie approximately ISD-size). I'm biased because I think 'Imperial-class Star Destroyer' sounds fucking retarded. :) Oh and Ruinus, Wookiepedia sucks so try to confirm the shit you get there elsewhere: like SWTC or something. --Stark 15:45, 8 November 2007 (EST)
I got the figures from Wookieepedia XD
Anywas, as for the name, I always felt that naming them Imperial-class rather than Imperator-class was just stupid, but apperantly more people called them Imperial class than Imperator, so I guess a change was made somewhere? We could always change it to be Imperial Star Destroyer, and then list all the variants, probably Acclamators and Executors class as well, since under Imperial Star Destroyer (no longer being a class type) the article could now include ALL star destroyers with an Imperial affiliation.
Or something like that. --Darth Ruinus 10:09 PM November 7, 2007 (Pacific Time)
- Does the reference to the Tector-class even belong here? -- Mad 23:42, 8 November 2007 (EST)
Do you guys want to add a section on the Imperial Star Destroyer's use in BDZ? IIRC, their main purpose was the threat and implementation of it. -Lord Relvenous-
- I'd suggest a) putting that in the Imperial-class article (since most of the calcs are specific to it) and making a full BDZ article with the calcs from the main site, evidence etc.--Stark 05:27, 9 November 2007 (EST)