Talk:The Complete Shit List
This'll take a while until we get a few more Chronicle members over here. Is there an easy way to make all the names Wiki entries? That'll save a lot of time and should speed things up greatly (If there's a shortcut for it).
- Put double brackets around the name (and just the name; don't include anything in the parenthesis), as if you were creating a link. Someone can then click on the link to fill in the information. Mad 15:24, 6 November 2007 (EST)
I don't think there is a fast way. And the morons should always be put in the right catagory (troll or SDN-troll), so that they are listed in the correct places.--Tribun 14:47, 6 November 2007 (EST)
There is a fast way, I have VS and will script something quick.
Just to get my though process written down:
1) Scan Line
2) Identify which character is the < of
3) Append [[ ]] before and after the words before <
Should work Ace Pace
- Oh, I just removed the breaks and replaced it with a bulleted list (much easier to work with). Scanning for break tags isn't the best idea, though, since we don't need a link to "Superman (pardoned)", we just want "Superman" to be the link. Instead, you should probably check for '(' or end of line. Mad
The [] I know of, it's what I've been using. Kudos to Ace for automating this process (Once he finishes his scripting!)
- Yeah, bulleted list is alot easier. Hell, it's alot easier then the prior [[ ]], yeah, I think the way Mad said works. I'm semi convinced, since i'm coding while sick, that Death will finsh copy pasting the chronicles and turning all the thingies into links before I finsh coding. Yeah. I kinda suck.
P.S. How do I get an easy way of sticking timestamps like Tribun and Mad? Ace Pace
- Use 4 ~s instead of 3. Mad 15:45, 6 November 2007 (EST)
Wiki entries to all trolls
And there was much rejoicing. Yay.
- Not sure I understand. 4 [s? And I did it.36 lines of code, most of them book keeping stuff. Wow that saved time? Ace Pace