The ****Official**** Hello Thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Next of Kin
Rabid Monkey

Post by Next of Kin »

Hi to all. I can't even remember when or how I stumbled upon sd.net but I think I was drawn in due to the fanfic.
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Hello all.

Ghyhon: You'll find no SW bashing tolerance here,

Edi: Messa like books to! What do you read?

Next of Kin: I also came here because of the fanfic. It took forever for Mike to finish it.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

And was wonderfuly conveliuted

Now then who was Wongs Editor
If it was Wong I understand
If not thiers an angrey mob here with Pitchforks and torchs :D

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Next of Kin
Rabid Monkey

Post by Next of Kin »

David, I'm just curious. How long did it take? When I showed up on the scene there were only a couple of fanfic chapters left.
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

I don't remember, but it was forever and a day. I think it started taking a long time between chapters after 14.
Edi
Dragonlord
Dragonlord

Post by Edi »

What do I read? Whatever scifi and fantasy I can get my hands on as long as it's in English. Translations... *shudder*

So far some of the ones I've read:
R.E. Feist
George R.R. Martin
A. Merritt
Robert E. Howard
C.S. Friedman
Terry Goodkind
Mercedes Lackey
The Wing Commander Series
Most SW books
Dune books
And a whole load of others I can't remember right now.

Yes, I'm something of a bookworm. :D

Edi
Admiral Piett
Jedi Knight

Post by Admiral Piett »

Ok I am admiral Piett.I live in the European Union.I say European Union because it sounds cooler than the name of the member state.I am university student in the political science department.
I was a great star trek fan until "Insurrection".
I am here to practice my english learned to school in pointless debates.
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

I am Jenat-Lai from Sydney, Australia and Coruscant. I am not from SB and never intend to go there. I'v never watched ST and am proud of it... I joined here to read the Starwars Only section mostly. Interested in what you guys say, but may make the odd unsoliceted post here and there.

I'v been a starwars fan only since about 1999 (yeah I know, the TPM kids show)... but am 21.
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

Hi guys, I've been regular reader of Wayne Poe's (h4h.com/louis/vsfaq.html) and Mike Wong's site (www.stardestroyer.net) since early 1999, but never joined ASVS neither spacebattles. So pls let this newbie introduce himself.

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman:

THIS Universe (real world :))
Born on Bandung, 1975. Technical Consultant in an IT consulting firm. Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering from Bandung Institute of Technology (Institut Teknologi Bandung - ITB). MCSE (but LINUX sympathizer).
Asian. Male. Single. Secular Moslem. Liberal-Democrat. Clubber. Party animal. Dance floor maniac. Computer gamer (hates consoles).
Favorite bands/musicians include Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim, Safri Duo, Carl Cox, Paul Oakenfold, Robert Miles, and Madison Avenue.
Star Wars fan, but also like Babylon Five, Dungeons & Dragons (The old gold box CRPG), X-Files, Star Control, and (don't laugh) Marvel Comics.

Star Wars Universe:
Born on Coruscant. TIE Fighter Pilot. General. Top Ace. Honor Graduate from Imperial Starfighter Academy. Secret Order Agent (Emperor's Eye). Passed Training Certification on TIE Fighter, TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber, Assault Gunboat, TIE Advanced, TIE Defender, and Missile Boat. Medals include Emperor's Will.
Previous superiors include Vice-Admiral (now Grand Admiral) Thrawn (VSD Stalwart), Admiral Harkov (VSD Protector), Lord Vader (ISD Garret), and Admiral Zaarin (ISD Glory). Past merits include discovering Harkov illegal weapons deals, rescuing His Majesty Emperor Palpatine from Zaarin coup attempt, and securing TIE Defender technology from Ali Tarak, leader of Nami Pirate Clan.
Has unexplored ability in the force. Secretly trained by the Emperor before His Majesty's unfortunate death on Endor, thus never been officialy adopted as apprentice.
Fiercely loyal to the Emperor. Held personal grudge against Skywalker family for Vader's betrayal on Endor.
Parker
Redshirt

Post by Parker »

Bonjour people! I'm from Canada, am severly addicted to SW, and to an extent, ST. Counting down the days to when Lucas dies and I can take over his empire! :twisted:
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Wow, new people all over the place. Hello all and welcome. I wonder how much longer we'll be getting twenty new people a day.

I am not from SB and never intend to go there

Good for you!
Oberleutnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Oberleutnant »

Hello all! Although I joined the board earlier this month, I only recently started posting. For a couple years I've been reading Mike's site and lurking in ASVS newsgroup. Like Edi, I also come from Finland, the cold northern country, though it's way too hot here right now. :)

I like Star Wars very much, but Babylon 5 is definetely my favorite. Trek isn't that bad either, but when compared to two other it simply pales in comparison. My hobbies include reading, writing, history (especially WWII), computer games, cycling and movies (making and watching).
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Hello! It seems like we are all lurkers here.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

You especially, David.
JADAFETWA
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Bump
Seele
Padawan Learner

Post by Seele »

Well hello. I'm just going to use this as my "hello" post. I've been lurking on these boards for a while so now I decided to through in my hat into the mix. Even though I don't wish to be flame-bait or anything, I am from Spacebattles but thank the Maker that I'm not a trekkie in the slightest. Besides the obvious (Star Wars), I'm very much a fan of Babylon 5, Stargate SG1, Farscape, and several Anime like Tenchi Muyo and Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Welcome Selee
David why don't you just make this Thread Sticky?

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

I am Alyrium Denryle
religion:Athiest
Occupation:Proffesional student(junior) I plan on earning doctorates in Biology and Sociology and then going into teaching(college level, or if Iam desperate High school)
Sexual orientation:you probably already know this if I bother to post it :D
political affiliation:independant with liberal leanings
likes:Dungeons and Dragons, elves,legolas :D , politics, debunking religons, Biology. the list goes on
dislikes:Bigots, homophobes, religious fundamentalists, JWs and mormons at my door, George W. Bush, and most of his cabinet.

Sorry for the bio but...
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Seele wrote:Well hello. I'm just going to use this as my "hello" post. I've been lurking on these boards for a while so now I decided to through in my hat into the mix. Even though I don't wish to be flame-bait or anything, I am from Spacebattles but thank the Maker that I'm not a trekkie in the slightest. Besides the obvious (Star Wars), I'm very much a fan of Babylon 5, Stargate SG1, Farscape, and several Anime like Tenchi Muyo and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Hey another Neon Genesis fan! If you haven't already seen the movie, don't bother, it sucked some serious ass.
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Mr Bean wrote:Welcome Selee

This thread is now in Dalton and Pablo's domain, and I will not incrouch on their territory.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

David wrote:
Mr Bean wrote:Welcome Selee

This thread is now in Dalton and Pablo's domain, and I will not incrouch on their territory.
Drat, Mod wars are funny..
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

Yes, I made the 100th post!
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Yes, I made the 100th post!
Does this mean we shake your hand, give you a cookie or hunt you down
I'm kinda unclear on tradtion in this regard

Talon Karrde
Fundamentalist Moron

Post by Talon Karrde »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:I am Alyrium Denryle
religion:Athiest
Occupation:Proffesional student(junior) I plan on earning doctorates in Biology and Sociology and then going into teaching(college level, or if Iam desperate High school)
Sexual orientation:you probably already know this if I bother to post it :D
political affiliation:independant with liberal leanings
likes:Dungeons and Dragons, elves,legolas :D , politics, debunking religons, Biology. the list goes on
dislikes:Bigots, homophobes, religious fundamentalists, JWs and mormons at my door, George W. Bush, and most of his cabinet.

Sorry for the bio but...
Hmmmm..... An Atheist, Liberal, hates George W. Bush, and has his mind on sex.... yep, these usually go together in one basket.
Boycott France
Talon Karrde
Fundamentalist Moron

Post by Talon Karrde »

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that he likes homosexuals. That goes together too :twisted:
Boycott France