Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Star Wars: The Clone Wars is a new computer-animated motion picture and cartoon series from Lucasfilm, depicting events that occur between Star Wars: Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith.
The animated Clone Wars story started as the upcoming television show. George Lucas decided the animation and story was good enough for a feature film.
The animation style is similar to Japanese Anime, and the characters move like the puppets from the Thunderbirds television show. 
The movie opened in 3rd place, meaning more people went to see The Dark Knight than the brand-new Star Wars movie. Reviews were mixed and mostly negative, earning the film a 17% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.  Many critics have compared it to an over-long Saturday morning cartoon.
The TV Show
The TV series is being produced in High Definition and will air on the cable channel Cartoon Network. There will be at least forty 22-minute episodes.
The first episode, "Ambush," aired Friday, October 3, 2008.
SciFiWeekly has reviewed the series premier and given it a "B" rating. 
The ever-popular Karen Traviss' novelization of the movie was published in June, 2008.  Stargate novelist Karen Miller based the second book, Wild Space, on the TV series and will be published in November, 2008. 
Three more Clone Wars novels will be published, with one more by Traviss and two more by Miller. 
- ↑ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7542451.stm
- ↑ http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/clone_wars/
- ↑ http://theclonewars.cartoonnetwork.com/
- ↑ http://www.scifi.com/sfw/screen/sfw19598.html
- ↑ http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Clone_Wars_Books_Summary_115558.asp
- ↑ http://www.amazon.com/Untitled-K-Miller-Star-Wars/dp/0345509013/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1214263570&sr=8-1
- ↑ http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_Wars_(novelizations)