Robert Scott Anderson
Robert Scott Anderson -- otherwise known as RSA, DarkStar, Guardian2K, Guardian2000, DSG2k, "DorkStar," and "Scooter" -- is considered one of SDN's most obsessed ex-members. One of the most stubborn Trek debaters in the ST VS SW debate, he's considered a classic example of broken record debating and sheer dishonesty, as exemplified by the bands of brightness debate or the "SW humans have metal spines" claim. He has been dubbed by many to be a Timothy Jones clone and is mocked by both sides of the debate.
He also runs a blog that spends a portion of its time attacking Stardestroyer.net and some of its more notable members such as Wayne Poe and Mike Wong. What's unfortunate is that his website is the one of the first results for a Google search of "Star Trek vs. Star Wars", making newcomers to the debate vulnerable to his arguments.
Anderson seemingly dropped off the internet (or at least off anything Star Wars or Star Trek) in mid-2010, suggesting that he had finally gotten bored of the debate. As of the start of 2013 his website and blog have become active again, though currently are only used for Star Trek-related ruminations, likely due to the imminent release of Star Trek Into Darkness.
- "He's really good at appearing reasonable while making the most ridiculous claims. I caught myself about to fall for one earlier. Won't happen again, but it's unnerving."
- -- Rogue 9 (forum user)
- -- SomethingAwful.Com on DarkStar
- "But as the saying goes, 'if the facts are against you, argue the law ... if the law is against you, argue the facts ... if the facts and the law are against you, yell like hell.' Highwind, et al., that's your cue. I've made my point."
- -- DarkStar accusing Star Trek writer Mike Sussman of dishonesty for disagreeing with him about the ENT episode "The Augments", an episode that Mike Sussman wrote. DarkStar would subsequently demand that his words be deleted from memory-alpha.org.
- "If I had to use two words to describe this site, I would choose 'nuts' and 'fucking,' although not in that order. In addition, I would repeat the word 'fucking' approximately 15,000 times for emphasis, as this is simply the most ridiculous and ungodly site I have ever gazed my eyes upon."
- -- SomethingAwful.Com on DarkStar's website
- A copy of the debate he held with Mike Wong is available on Mike's Hate Mail page while debates with him are also available on the SDN forums.
- A Treatment of most of his more common arguments by "Master of Ossus".