ImperialWiki style guide
Revision as of 17:13, 20 June 2008 by Ted C
The ImperialWiki style guide exists to help editors give ImperialWiki articles a consistent look and tone.
- The introductory paragraph for an article should repeat the title of the article in bold text.
- Where applicable, the introduction to an article should include an image of the topic. The standard format is a thumbnail image on the right border of the page. Wiki code for the image would be similar to the following:
- Break articles into sections using Level 2 Wiki headings.
- When mentioning a term that has an article of its own in the Wiki, create a Wiki link the first time the term appears in the article.
link an [[Article title]] where it first appears
- The reference feature is enable on Imperial Wiki. Create notes in the text using the following code format:
- Create a notes heading at the bottom of the article for the footnotes using the following code:
- Some subjects, such as classes of starship and political factions, have more-or-less standardized formats for their pages. Before creating a new article, look for similar articles in the Wiki to determine whether articles of that type have a consistent format that you should duplicate.
- When creating a new article, try to determine if it fits into any of the existing ImperialWiki categories. If it does, categorize it appropriately using a Category link at the end of the article.