Formal Name: The Principality of Miratia
Short Name: Miratia
Nationality: Miratian (singular/adjective), Miratians (plural)
National Language: Miraali
Miratia is located in central Frequesue. The Miratian landscape is dominated by grassy plains and hills in the South, which turns to gradually thickening jungle as one moves North.
There are approximately eight million Miratian citizens on Earth as of the 2012 census. Miratian nationals are referred to as "Miratians."
The official language of Miratia is Miraali, the bastard child of Shroomanian (English) and a number of indigenous Frequesuan languages. It is often noted that, to the uninitiated listener, Miraali may be confused with a stream of indecipherable Shroomanian gibberish. This is because the pronounciation of letter combinations is virtually identical between the two languages, though the syntax is completely different.
- Depleted Uranium
In order of abundance;
- Iron ore
Miratia is ruled by an Assembly of locally-elected representatives, and a nationally-elected "Supreme Leader"
The Supreme Leader holds office for up to twelve years at a time. It is his role to propose laws and enact policy that reflects the interests of the nation as a whole.
Members of the Assembly hold their office for up to four years at a time. Elections are held every four years. Members of the Assembly usually represent groups of around fifty thousand citizens. The role of the Assembly is to enact laws and policy that reflects the interests of the citizens of the region they represent.
The Supreme Leader and the Assembly are each responsible for auditing the other's proposals. This is to ensure that policies proposed on a national level do not needlessly conflict with interests on the local level, and vice-versa.
- Freedom of assembly is permitted, provided that the assembled persons do not pose an unsolicited threat to persons, privately- or publicly-owned property.
- Freedom of speech is permitted, provided that the speaker communicates his or her message in a fashion that allows it to be easily ignored.
- Civil Unions: Encompasses all potential long-term relationships between two humans, regardless of religion, race, or gender.
- Animal Rights: None, provided that the animal is not suffering unnecessarily and/or deemed to be endangered.
Although small, the Miratian Armed Forces employ sophisticated equipment and tactics to maximize their effectiveness on the battlefield.
- 12 × FM-2 Falcon tactical fighters
- 64 × FM-1 Lightning tactical fighter
- 14 × BM-1 Echelon strategic bombers
- 48 × FM-1B Lightning tactical bombers
- 8 × BM-1S Echelon-S tankers
- 8 × RM-1 Foresight radar planes
- 8 × TM-1 trainer jets
- 4 × TT-200 Atlas strategic transports
- 8 × TT-100 Hercules tactical transports
- 8 × NA-1 Fisher ASW maritime patrol planes
- 2 × RF-1 Spectre high-mach recon planes
Ironically, the Miratian Army is barely large enough to qualify as such, even within its own organizational structure.
- 600 × combat land cruisers
- 300 × Storm self-propelled multiple rocket launchers
- 225 × Interceptor self-propelled air defenders
- 200 × Tornado attack helicopters
- 150 × Hurricane attack helicopters
- 25 × Archer artillery synchropters
- 25 × Longbow artillery synchropters
- 30 × heavy lift helicopters
- 30 × utility helicopters
- 900 × Cobra infantry fighting vehicles
- 11 000 enlisted personnel, including the 'Greyhelm' Soldiers
- Stingray-class KG
- MAS Stingray, commissioned and in service
- MAS Manticore, commissioned and in service
- MAS Moray, commissioned and in service
- MAS Electric, commissioned and in service
- Kraken-class SSG
- MAS Kraken, commissioned and in service
- MAS Demon, commissioned and in service
- Eight cargo ships (<unnamed>)
- Millenium-class LHA, under development
- MAS Millenium, planned