- The Mako is a six-wheeled all-terrain vehicle that can carry a squad of troops in its passenger compartment.
- It is armed with a 155mm mass accelerator cannon and a coaxial machine gun.
- In addition to armor, the Mako has kinetic barriers for protection.
- The vehicle has a mass effect core that can increase or reduce its mass depending on driving conditions to achieve maximum traction and maneuverability. The mass reduction is sufficient to allow air-dropping the vehicle from an altitude of several hundred meters without damaging it.
- Rocket thrusters allow limited flight control and jumps, as well as helping free the vehicle if it becomes stuck in terrain.